Question

Is it possible to die of a broken heart?  It's not from a person breaking my heart that I am talking about.  It's more that life itself has broken my heart.  Broken my will.  Broken my fight.  Broken my ability to face one more thing.  I am not strong.  I cannot face one more negative thing.  Yet, they keep coming...these challenges, these mountains that need to be climbed, the quicksand that threatens to pull me under.  I reach my breaking point but it doesn't seem to matter.  More is dumped on me.

When will I reach the point where I can no longer stand up?  When I can no longer climb the endless mountain ranges? When I let the quicksand drown me?

Life.

Life has broken my heart over and over and over and over again.

The fight I used to have....or rather the fight people said I had, the courage they would say they know I had......I don't,  I can't.

I know people can die from broken heart syndrome which happens when they have lost the most beloved person in their life.  I know there is a medical name for this broken heart syndrome.  But what happens when it is life that has broken you down past the point of return?  Can you die from that kind of broken heart?  I'm not taking about taking the end of my life into my own hands, I speak of the pain, the torment, the never ending struggle to survive.

I guess the only way to know is to wait and see, right?

Comments

Popular Posts