Who Was I Before the World Told Me Who I am?

Every day in this season of my life is a challenge beyond anything I could have imagined.  I am going to  search for a childhood photo of myself wild and free, from before the world told me who I was back then and keep it near me to remind me of who I was before growing up and falling oh so many times.  Maybe if I look closely, I will see the dreams she used to have before people who I thought had my back, told me, and showed me, I am worth nothing.

But every day, no matter how much I feel I am failing, no matter how hard it is to get out of bed and get out the door, I keep showing up for my children and I keep trying over and over and over........fighting hard to keep the sand beneath my feet from shifting and to keep my head above the water.

Comments

Popular Posts